Make your pecan pie and brownies yell, “HAPPY THANKSGIVING!”
Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie shell (around 9 inches)
(Note: Preparation time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 1 hour; ready in: 1 h 10 minutes)
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees C (or 350 degrees F).
- Add and mix sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and corn starch in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Boil it fully then remove the heat from it.
- Now beat the eggs in another bowl, until they turn frothy. Add the syrup mixture to it gradually. Beat them well.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and pecans on top. Stir well again.
- Then lastly, bake it in preheated oven for at least 45 to 50 minutes, until the filling is settled.
Pecan Pie Brownies
- Cooking Spray for the baking pan
- 1 box of brownie mix, also the ingredients in it.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ cup whole or chopped pecans
- First things first, pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Spread a 9*13 baking pan with a parchment paper. Spray it with the cooking spray
- In the meantime, while the oven is preheating, make the brownies as given on the label.
- Pour the prepared cake mixture into the baking pan and bake the brownies for at least 25 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the pecan filling. Whisk maple syrup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, butter and salt together in a medium sized bowl until it turns smooth.
- Add pecans to the mixture, keep stirring until they are fully submerged and meshed in the mixture.
- When the brownies are ready after 25 minutes, remove it from the own and add the pecan filling mixture on the top of it.
- Spread it evenly across the surface of the brownies with the help of a spatula.
- Then place it in the oven again and bake it for at least 25 to 30 minutes more, until the pecan mixture brownie is settled.
- Cool it in the fridge completely. Slice and serve it. Garnish it if you want.